Last week, Microsoft launched the Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update for unlocked handsets running on the platform. Today, AT&T has started pushing out the update to its branded Microsoft Lumia 950 model. So far, there is no word on whether the carrier has started updating other Lumia models. Also unknown at this juncture is whether other carriers are updating their eligible Lumia models.
The changes that come with the update include new and improved Quick Settings that are customizable, the inclusion of a new universal Skype app, an updated Microsoft Edge browser, and more. For a complete changelist, check out this story on the update.
The new version, numbered 14393.67, is being sent out OTA. This means that the update is going out on a staggered basis. If you don’t receive it today, you might get it tomorrow, or the day after that, or the day after that. You get the point. The update will eventually reach your phone. And when it does arrive, make sure that you are connected to a Wi-Fi network and have your batteries fully charged before you start the updating process.
AT&T starts to push out Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update
- Could updated controls from NIST drive up cloud security costs?
- SEO giants join forces: Majestic’s backlinks database now integrates with SEMrush
- Five vehicle safety technologies that can help you avoid a crash
- Dem introduces bill to boost clean vehicle technology
- Twitter’s New ‘Happening Now’ Feature Groups Tweet by Events, Topics