Panaji: The Speaker of the Goa legislative assembly Pramod Sawant on Monday banned the use of mobile phones on the assembly floor.
Sawant, in his concluding remarks on the last day of the Monsoon Session, said that the decision was taken after it was seen that the legislators were answering phone calls or using their smartphones while proceedings of the house were on.”Some members have even been answering calls while seated in the house. The use of mobile phones will henceforth not be permitted on the floor of the house,” Sawant said in his valedictory remarks.
The ban will be enforced when the state legislative assembly is convened for its next session.
Goa Bans Use of Mobile Phones on Assembly Floor
- Oppo F5 Launch Set for October 26, Tipped to Sport Dual Selfie Cameras
- Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 Bezel-Less Phone to Launch in India Today: How to Watch Live
- iPhone 7 Top-Selling Smartphone Globally in First Half of 2017: IHS Markit
- Could updated controls from NIST drive up cloud security costs?
- SEO giants join forces: Majestic’s backlinks database now integrates with SEMrush