Panaji: The Speaker of the Goa legislative assembly Pramod Sawant on Monday banned the use of mobile phones on the assembly floor.
Sawant, in his concluding remarks on the last day of the Monsoon Session, said that the decision was taken after it was seen that the legislators were answering phone calls or using their smartphones while proceedings of the house were on.”Some members have even been answering calls while seated in the house. The use of mobile phones will henceforth not be permitted on the floor of the house,” Sawant said in his valedictory remarks.
The ban will be enforced when the state legislative assembly is convened for its next session.
Goa Bans Use of Mobile Phones on Assembly Floor
- Meet the Man Who Believes the Google-Facebook Duopoly Is Ripe for Disruption
- PlayStation Plus Prepaid Membership Card Now Available in India
- You Can Now Trade-In GTA V, FIFA 18, Call of Duty: World War 2, and other PS4 Games at Games The Shop
- UPDATE — BroadSoft Awarded 2017 Frost & Sullivan Latin America Cloud Telephony and UCC Services Platform Provider of the Year
- Former Disrupt Battlefield competitor Coronet automates security for SMBs in latest update