A couple weeks ago, Gary Illyes from Google posted on Twitter saying “I’m often wrong.” I let that one slide and decided not to cover it with a title saying “Google says they are often wrong,” or something like that. Well, the other day, Gary posted again on Twitter saying the same thing with more context.
So he said just because an SEO agrees with Google, it doesn’t mean that SEO is doing good SEO work. He said “Google =! Good SEO.”
He added, “I’m wrong many times, questioning what I say for example is actually good. It makes me rethink what I said.” Testing what Google says, even when it comes to how Google handles 302 redirects maybe, is a good thing.
So do your own tests, make your own conclusions but try to do it all within the guidelines so nothing comes back to bite you later on.
Google: Agreeing With Us Doesn’t Equal Good SEO; We’re Often Wrong
- Transform negative prospects into positive results
- Oppo F5 Launch Set for October 26, Tipped to Sport Dual Selfie Cameras
- Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 Bezel-Less Phone to Launch in India Today: How to Watch Live
- iPhone 7 Top-Selling Smartphone Globally in First Half of 2017: IHS Markit
- Could updated controls from NIST drive up cloud security costs?