- Google I/O 2017 to kick-off on Wednesday
- Standalone VR headset rumoured to launch at the event
- The standalone VR headset will not require a smartphone to power it
We are merely hours away from the Google Keynote address at the company’s annual developer conference, I/O 2017. It likely to see major announcement on several products. Just ahead of commencement of the I/O 2017, a new report has claimed that the company is all set to launch a standalone VR headset.
Reports about Google working on a standalone VR headset that does not require an Android smartphone to power it, like the Gear VR or Google Cardboard do, have been making rounds on the Internet for more than a year.
According to a report by Variety, the next-generation VR headset from Google will not require any device to power it, unlike Daydream headset unveiled last year. The report citing multiple sources with knowledge of the project says that the headset will include inside-out positional tracking. It adds that Google may choose to give limited preview of the standalone VR headset at the event. There’s also said to be a possibility that Google may scrap the unveiling of the standalone VR headset at I/O 2017 and focus on existing Daydream VR headset.
The Google Keynote at I/O 2017 will start at 10am PDT (10:30pm IST), and will likely see CEO Sundar Pichai kicking off the proceedings. You can watch the live stream of the event through official I/O website. One of the biggest announcements during the I/O conference is expected to be around Android’s next major iteration, Android O.
Google I/O 2017 could also see update on products like Allo and Google+ among others. The company can be expected to announce advancements on its Machine learning which is now present on several Google suite of apps. The annual developer conference can be also used by the company to give an update about Android apps for Chrome OS.
For the latest tech news and reviews, follow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.Tags:[“Source-ndtv”]
Google May Launch a Standalone VR Headset at I/O 2017: Report
- Meet the Man Who Believes the Google-Facebook Duopoly Is Ripe for Disruption
- PlayStation Plus Prepaid Membership Card Now Available in India
- You Can Now Trade-In GTA V, FIFA 18, Call of Duty: World War 2, and other PS4 Games at Games The Shop
- UPDATE — BroadSoft Awarded 2017 Frost & Sullivan Latin America Cloud Telephony and UCC Services Platform Provider of the Year
- Former Disrupt Battlefield competitor Coronet automates security for SMBs in latest update