Google’s latest smartphones, the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, have been under fire from consumer complaints. The company, however, has been attempting to acknowledge the issues steadily, and has been prompt.
A Pixel 2 issue, where users reported hearing a faint “buzzing sound” when the device was placed near their ears during a phone call, is finally being fixed. The company has confirmed that it will release a software update in the coming weeks which eliminates the issue.
Several Pixel 2 users reported the buzzing sound on the company’s Pixel User Community and claimed to be receiving similar problem while on a phone call. Google’s Orrin, Community Manager, confirmed the update in the forum, and said, “We’re rolling out a software update in the coming weeks which eliminates a faint buzzing sound on some Pixel 2 devices when the phone is placed to your ear during a phone call.” Unfortunately, there’s no exact time frame for the update revealed but Pixel 2 users can expect it to start rolling out in next few days.
Earlier, some Pixel 2 users reported clicking and high-pitched sounds from their units. Pixel 2 users claimed high pitch frequency sound and clicking when the screen was on and unlocked with ear up to the device like on a phone call. This also happened after a reboot, safe mode, airplane mode, and factory reset. The problem was acknowledged by Google for Pixel 2 units, and a fix – to turn off NFC during calls – has been rolled out with the November security update.
It’s not new to see Pixel users facing multiple issues as you can look in this post which includes several issues reported since launch of the first Pixel smartphone.
Google Pixel 2 Buzzing Sound to Be Fixed in an Upcoming Update, Says Company
- UPDATE — BroadSoft Awarded 2017 Frost & Sullivan Latin America Cloud Telephony and UCC Services Platform Provider of the Year
- Former Disrupt Battlefield competitor Coronet automates security for SMBs in latest update
- Bali volcano eruption latest update: Ash rains down as Mount Agung ERUPTS again
- Having problems syncing your music to the cloud? Here’s how to update iTunes
- Bali volcano update: China suspends ALL flights to Bali as Mount Agung ASH CLOUD spreads