- Revenue from HP’s personal systems unit rose 12 percent to $8.40 billion
- Revenue from its printer, copier business rose to $4.70 billion in Q3
- Total revenue rose 10 percent to $13.1 billion
HP, which houses the hardware business of former Hewlett-Packard, reported a slightly higher-than-expected quarterly profit as it sold more personal computers.
Revenue from HP’s personal systems unit, which sells notebooks, desktops and workstations, rose 12 percent to $8.40 billion (roughly Rs. 53,824 crores) in the third quarter ended July 31. Notebook sales increased 16.4 percent, offsetting a dip in desktop sales.
The Palo Alto, California-based company forecast full-year earnings per share of $1.63-$1.66 compared with analysts’ estimate of $1.64, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The company, which bought Samsung Electronics Co’s printer business in September, said on Wednesday revenue from its printer and copier business rose 6.2 percent to $4.70 billion (roughly Rs. 30,112 crores) in the reported quarter.
However, net earnings from continuing operations fell to $696 million, or 41 cents per share, from $843 million, or 49 cents per share.
Total revenue rose 10 percent to $13.1 billion (roughly Rs. 83,933 crores), beating analysts’ average estimate of $12.31 billion.
Excluding items, the company earned 43 cents per share. Analysts on average expected earnings of 42 cents.
Shares of HP, which have gained 27 percent since the start of the year, were down marginally in after-hours trading on Wednesday.
HP Sees Higher PC Sales, Growth in Printer and Copier Business
- Meet the Man Who Believes the Google-Facebook Duopoly Is Ripe for Disruption
- PlayStation Plus Prepaid Membership Card Now Available in India
- You Can Now Trade-In GTA V, FIFA 18, Call of Duty: World War 2, and other PS4 Games at Games The Shop
- UPDATE — BroadSoft Awarded 2017 Frost & Sullivan Latin America Cloud Telephony and UCC Services Platform Provider of the Year
- Former Disrupt Battlefield competitor Coronet automates security for SMBs in latest update