Augmented reality is going to be bigger than ever with the iPhone 8 and iPhone X launch. Directive Games introduced a competitive multiplayer AR title, The Machines, during Apple’s iPhone 8 event.
The Machines turns real-life surfaces into gigantic strategic playing fields, where players command units to fight one another in order to destroy their opponent’s base. Players hover their iPhone’s camera over a surface, directing units and targeting enemies. The game can be played locally over a shared table or through the internet.
The Machines launches exclusively for iOS this September. Previously, Apple revealed that the iPhone 8 was developed with an external camera specifically for augmented reality apps. Apple’s ARKit also allows developers to create games and apps that use AR data in order to improve the user’s experience.
The Machines brings AR competitive gaming to iPhone
- SAP Moves Further Into the Cloud With Callidus Deal — Update
- In IoT Cloud update, Oracle adds digital twins, machine vision and more
- NooBaa update focuses on multi-cloud data management
- Moto G6, Moto G6 Play, Moto G6 Plus Design, Specifications Leaked
- Apple in Talks for First Order From Chinese Chipmaker: Report