- Redmi Note 5 listed in China
- The third-party online retailer has not listed ay pricing
- Xiaomi has again teased launch of a new product in India
Redmi Note 5 is widely expected to be the next smartphone in Xiaomi’s lineup, and it seems the launch may not be too far away. The successor to Redmi Note 4 has been listed online once again, this time on Oppomart. This listing reveals the key Redmi Note 4 specifications, showing the handset will offer buyers a new design and the competitive features that made its predecessor a huge hit. Separately, Xiaomi India head Manu Kumar Jain on Twitter has teased the launch of a new product in India.
Redmi Note 5 specifications
According to the listed specifications, the alleged Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 will run on MIUI 9 based on Android 7.1 OS out-of-the-box. It will sport a 5.99-inch display with 1080×2160 pixels resolution, and as rumoured for weeks, will feature 18:9 aspect ratio. The Oppomart listing teases the Redmi Note 5 being powered by dated Snapdragon 625 processor which seems an old chipset considering Snapdragon 630 is now out. The handset is said to come in 3GB RAM with 32GB storage and 4GB RAM with 64GB storage. On the camera front, there’s a 12-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front camera. The dual-SIM Redmi Note 5 is said pack 4000mAh battery.
The Oppomart listing seems to have been pulled now but this definitely points to possible launch in coming weeks. The Oppomart listing was first spotted by The Leaker. The new listing comes days after a placeholder was spotted on JD.com.
Xiaomi has announced reduction on price of its popular Redmi Note 4, and this may be one sign that hints at its successor’s launch. The Redmi Note 4 has been one of the top selling smartphones for Xiaomi this year.
Additionally, Jain shared a teaser on Twitter hinting at launch of a new product, teasing the letter ‘i’. At this point, it isn’t clear whether the new device is a smartphone but we can expect to get more clarity in the coming weeks. The teaser by Jain also confirms a fact that it will be focused on the Indian market.
For the latest tech news and reviews, follow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5
- KEY SPECS
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Black, 32GB, 3GB RAM)Rs.9,999
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Gold, 32GB, 3GB RAM)Rs.9,999
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Gold, 64GB, 4GB RAM)Rs.11,999
Redmi Note 5 Listed Online Once Again, Launch Date Likely to Be Close
- UPDATE — BroadSoft Awarded 2017 Frost & Sullivan Latin America Cloud Telephony and UCC Services Platform Provider of the Year
- Former Disrupt Battlefield competitor Coronet automates security for SMBs in latest update
- Bali volcano eruption latest update: Ash rains down as Mount Agung ERUPTS again
- Having problems syncing your music to the cloud? Here’s how to update iTunes
- Bali volcano update: China suspends ALL flights to Bali as Mount Agung ASH CLOUD spreads