In addition, the ONR and NRL demonstrated the mine warfare rapid assessment capability, which comprises a small quadcopter outfitted with an ultra-sensitive magnetometer and sensors to detect mines and provide real-time data to a handheld Android device.
Because future operations are likely to involve multinational coalitions, exercise participants also examined the Coalition Tactical Awareness and Response (CTAR) system. The system uses satellite imagery to conduct surveillance of large areas of ocean, and then processes the image data to generate detailed reports about maritime activity in the area and share it with partners and allies.
Technologies that performed well at S2ME2 ANTX could be featured at Bold Alligator 2017, a multinational series of amphibious exercises led by U.S. Fleet Forces Command and U.S. Marine Corps Forces Command scheduled to take place in the fall.[“Source-afcea”]
Technology Hits the Beach
- 5 Trends Of Content And SEO Marketers Shouldn’t Miss To Follow In 2018
- Meet the Man Who Believes the Google-Facebook Duopoly Is Ripe for Disruption
- PlayStation Plus Prepaid Membership Card Now Available in India
- You Can Now Trade-In GTA V, FIFA 18, Call of Duty: World War 2, and other PS4 Games at Games The Shop
- UPDATE — BroadSoft Awarded 2017 Frost & Sullivan Latin America Cloud Telephony and UCC Services Platform Provider of the Year