ST. CLOUD — St. Cloud police responded to a knife complaint at Walmart in St. Cloud at about 7:30 p.m. Thursday at 3601 2nd Street South.
A caller told dispatch that a woman had been stabbed and the suspect was still on scene.
Prior to police arrival, Walmart security was able to contain the suspect in an area of the store, and the suspect discarded the knife used in the assault.
Officers arrived on scene and took the suspect into custody without incident.
The victim is a 17 year-old-girl from St. Cloud. She suffered a stab wound under her left arm, received treatment on scene from GoldCross paramedics, and was taken to the St. Cloud Hospital ER for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
The victim told officers that she does not know the suspect, and did not know why the suspect assaulted her.
The suspect, 29-year-old Christian De Beche from St. Cloud, is refusing to speak to officers, and at this time, the circumstances leading up to the assault are unknown.
There is no threat to public safety, and the scene is secure, with officers actively conducting the investigation.
Due to the incident, Walmart staff decided to close the store to customers, and there is no information as to when the store will reopen.
No additional information at this time.
Update: Girl Stabbed at St. Cloud Walmart
- Google Pixel 2 Receives Out-Of-Cycle OTA Update, Some Users Report
- LG X4+ Rugged Smartphone With Hi-Fi DAC Audio Launched: Price, Specifications, Features
- iPhone Battery Replacement Cost Now Down to Rs. 2,000 (All-Inclusive)
- Tecno Camon i With 5.65-Inch 18:9 Display, 13-Megapixel Camera Launched in India: Price, Specifications
- OnePlus 5T Sandstone White Variant Sold Out, Removed From Website Within Two Hours of Launch