XCOM 2 received an update today that fixes issues causing crashes and improves performance. Additionally, players who have been prevented from continuing their saved games because of bugs may now be able to do so.
2K community manager Dave Hinkle posted the update announcement on XCOM 2’s Steam page today. He said that players who couldn’t progress past the Resistance Communications research part of the tutorial will now be able to after today’s patch. He also noted that adjustments have been made to Texture Streaming to assist with performance.
You can check out a full list of the patch notes below:
- Player is unable to progress to scan in the Geoscape after completing the Resistance Communications research via Tutorial – This will fix previously affected saves.
- Unable to load saves with a Chryssalid Cocoon – This will fix the issue, and for previously affected saves.
- Adjustments were made to Texture Streaming to assist with periodic frame spikes.
- Using the preview voice button for a modded voice pack will no longer crash the game when in the armory.
- Removed 8x MSAA from default Max settings.
2K says it will continue to investigate issues and support XCOM 2 with updates.
In other news, players recently discovered that you can improve certain load times by pressing the Caps Lock key.
XCOM 2 Update Makes Multiple Fixes, Improves Performance
- Diving into SEO? Focus on Local Search First
- Power digital with sensible technology policies
- August OneNote for Windows 10 App Update Begins Rollout to Users
- iPhone 8 to Sport Blush Gold Colour Variant, Spotted in Assembly Line: Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Video Teases ‘Bigger Things’, Specifications and Benchmarks Leak