Xiaomi gathered a big crowd of onlookers when it unveiled the Redmi Pro and those gathered won’t have to wait much longer. Initially the launch in China was scheduled for the 8th (next Monday), but it seems that it has been pulled up.
Promo images have surfaced with an earlier date – August 6, Saturday. Sales will start 10am local time. The Xiaomi Redmi Pro will be available only in eight cities first: Beijing, Shanghai, Nanjing, Jinan, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Chongqing, and Zhengzhou. That is if you want to shop in person, presumably online shopping will be more flexible.
More cities will be added later on. More countries too, perhaps, but we have no info on that.
The first 50 to buy a Pro will get prizes. The exact nature of the prizes isn’t 100% clear, but it seems that a Xiaomi Mi Band 2 may be up for grabs.
The Xiaomi Redmi Pro will launch ahead of schedule on August 6
- Oppo F5 Launch Set for October 26, Tipped to Sport Dual Selfie Cameras
- Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 Bezel-Less Phone to Launch in India Today: How to Watch Live
- iPhone 7 Top-Selling Smartphone Globally in First Half of 2017: IHS Markit
- Could updated controls from NIST drive up cloud security costs?
- SEO giants join forces: Majestic’s backlinks database now integrates with SEMrush