I read a lot of patents, many of which may or may not apply to search engine optimization (SEO) or be used by Google at all.
But that’s not the case with the recently granted Google patent “Related entities.” I believe this patent is being applied and it gives us significant insight into how Google identifies entities and the related entities people are searching for.
Let’s look at some details I think are interesting and get a general understanding of the patent and its intent. Understanding how Google associates entities will help us grasp and use the connections to SEO.
Let’s start with understanding related entities, especially in the context of Google patent US 20180046717A1.
If you search on the phrase “presidents of the united states,” this is what you may see:
[Read the full article on Search Engine Land.]
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.
Google patent on related entities and what it means for SEO
- A Beginner’s Guide to Building a Quality Online Marketing Strategy
- Guide to Form Natural Sequences and Sets in Rummy
- Asus ROG phone coming to the US on October 18
- Lenovo ThinkPad L480 review: This basic business notebook falls a little short
- Technology helping students to do their homework is a godsend