I read a lot of patents, many of which may or may not apply to search engine optimization (SEO) or be used by Google at all.
But that’s not the case with the recently granted Google patent “Related entities.” I believe this patent is being applied and it gives us significant insight into how Google identifies entities and the related entities people are searching for.
Let’s look at some details I think are interesting and get a general understanding of the patent and its intent. Understanding how Google associates entities will help us grasp and use the connections to SEO.
Let’s start with understanding related entities, especially in the context of Google patent US 20180046717A1.
If you search on the phrase “presidents of the united states,” this is what you may see:
[Read the full article on Search Engine Land.]
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily Marketing Land. Staff authors are listed here.
Google patent on related entities and what it means for SEO
- OnePlus 6 Will Be Made of ‘New Materials’, Confirms Company
- OnePlus 6 to Launch in India ‘Soon’, Amazon India Registration Page Now Live
- Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro Price in India Slashed by Rs. 2,500
- Western Digital Launches 400GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDXC UHS-I Card in India
- Xiaomi Mi 6X (Mi A2) Expected to Launch in Five Colour Options