A luxury hotel in Taiwan, designed to cater specifically for gamer couples, has been dubbed Asia’s first e-sports themed hotel.
Apparently, couples who “game together” stay together, which could explain Asia’s newly-opened i-Hotel.
Every room at the themed hotel comes with two computers with i5-7400 processors, 16GB of RAM and a GTX 1080 Ti GPU.
For the ultimate gaming experience, there are also two DX Racer gaming chairs placed side by side.
Guests can also watch eSports on the 55-inch TV screen in every room.
The lobby also features a large gaming area so that guests can play in a bigger group.
The i-Hotel is situated in the Taoyuan district, which is about an hour’s train ride away from Taipei.
The rooms cost around $100 (£73) for the night, or guests can pay an hourly fee if they’re just there for the gaming.
There’s a $12 (£8.85) an hour rate during weekends, going up to $75 (£55) for 15 hours.
What’s more, the hotel has been awarded five stars, so if guests take an unwilling other half, they won’t be slumming it while their partner is busy gaming.
Gaming is hugely popular in Taiwan, with Nintendo consoles seen as essential to a household as a rice cooker, according to The Video Game Explosion: A History of Pong to Playstation and Beyond.
This hotel designed for gaming addicts has two computers and gamer chairs in EACH room
- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION SERVICES MARKET PROFESSIONAL SURVEY AND BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES 2020| WORDSTREAM, MOZ, SEO BOOK(GREECE)
- Black hat SEO: 7 tactics to leave back in the 90s
- Moz launches Domain Analysis, free tool for SEO metrics
- More Americans Are Getting Their News From Social Media
- BrightEdge promises ‘self-driving SEO’ with new Autopilot offering