JEE Main is a national level engineering entrance test which is conducted for students seeking admission to the Indian Institute of Technology (IITs), NITs, CFTIs etc. While appearing for JEE Main 2019, you are required to follow some guidelines and instructions. The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main in the month of January and April 2019. Students who have applied for JEE Main need to know the JEE Main 2019 dress code. Keep reading the article to know more about the rules and regulations to appear for JEE Main.
JEE Main Dress Code 2019
Lakhs of students apply for JEE Main every year. On qualifying this national level entrance examination, students get admitted to the prestigious engineering institutes across India. JEE Main dress code comprises information about the permissible clothes and other items to be allowed inside the examination hall.
JEE Main 2019 – Overview
The important dates related to JEE Main 2019 are provided in the table given below:
Name of the Board National Testing Agency (NTA) Name of the test Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main Academic Year 2019 – 20 JEE Main Exam Date January – June 06 to June 20, 2019
April – April 07 to April 21, 2019
Availability of admit card 10 days before the entrance test JEE Main 2019 Result First week of June 2019
JEE Main Dress Code for Boys/ Girls
NTA has not specified any particular dress code for aspirants of JEE Main, however, students can go for the formal clothes as they are simple. Candidates who are appearing for JEE Main 2019 must keep in mind the types of clothes or other accessories that are allowed in the examination hall. Some of the important points about the JEE Main dress code are given below.
- Do not wear anything with lots of pockets
- Do not wear any kind of jewellery or accessories
- It is advisable that students should wear T-Shirts and Jeans or Top/ Kurti with leggings on exam day.
What not to wear while going for JEE Main 2019?
Some of the items that you should avoid while going for this examination are as follows:
Full sleeves shirt, Brooch, Kurta, Shoes, High heels, Handbags, Wallet and Goggles.
What to carry in the exam hall at the time of examination?
The examination authority i.e. NTA has announced a list of items that are allowed in the exam hall. Some of the items which are permitted inside the examination hall are given below.
JEE Main admit card 2019, Valid govt. photo ID, Category Certificate (if any), a clear clipboard (for pen paper exam)
Items which are not allowed in JEE Main exam pattern
Some of the important items which are banned inside the examination hall are given below:
Mobile Phones, Calculator, Digital Watch, Log Table, Notebooks and books, Paper chits and any sort of snacks such as tea, coffee, cold drinks etc.
Important Instructions and Guidelines to be noted in JEE Main 2019
NTA has released some of the important instruction related to JEE Main 2019 on its official website. The important instructions related to JEE Main are given below:
- Candidates are advised to check the admit card carefully to check your name, date of birth, gender, name of the exam centre, state code of eligible and category.
- Report the exam centre at sharp 7.00 A.M.
- Students are required to carry the JEE Main 2019 admit card while appearing for the examination. Candidates without admit card will not be permitted to appear in the examination.
- For Aptitude Test in Architecture, students have to bring their own geometry box, pencils, erasers etc.
- You can also carry a clear cardboard or a clipboard.
- Aspirants need to bring the copy of the PwD certificate (if any) issued by the Competent Authority.
- Any sort of textual materials, calculators, mobile phones, log tables, electronic gadgets etc. are prohibited inside the exam hall.
JEE Main 2019: Things you should know about dress code, other rules
- JEE Main 2019: Things you should know about dress code, other rules
- Building the Best SEO Strategy for Manufacturing Companies
- Advantages of Digital Marketing Over Traditional Advertising
- A Beginner’s Guide to Building a Quality Online Marketing Strategy
- Guide to Form Natural Sequences and Sets in Rummy