Augmented reality is going to be bigger than ever with the iPhone 8 and iPhone X launch. Directive Games introduced a competitive multiplayer AR title, The Machines, during Apple’s iPhone 8 event.
The Machines turns real-life surfaces into gigantic strategic playing fields, where players command units to fight one another in order to destroy their opponent’s base. Players hover their iPhone’s camera over a surface, directing units and targeting enemies. The game can be played locally over a shared table or through the internet.
The Machines launches exclusively for iOS this September. Previously, Apple revealed that the iPhone 8 was developed with an external camera specifically for augmented reality apps. Apple’s ARKit also allows developers to create games and apps that use AR data in order to improve the user’s experience.
The Machines brings AR competitive gaming to iPhone
- Social media influencer Polo sentenced after man held at gunpoint over web domain
- Social Media Is Failing To Eliminate Fake Content
- Personal income tax rate cut soon, hints Nirmala Sitharaman
- 12 Ways to Build a Winning SEO Strategy on a Small Budget
- SEO Explained In Eight Simple Steps: Let’s Clear The Confusion