- Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F) has a ‘screen size’ of 360×740 pixels
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ (SM-9650) has a ‘screen size’ of 412×846 pixels
- Same aspect ratio is seen on Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, and Galaxy A8 (2018)
Two smartphone models from Samsung, SM-G960F and SM-G9650, have appeared on the HTML5 test benchmark website. These are believed to be the upcoming Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+. While the test results don’t reveal any specifications about the phones, it does mention the “screen size”, from which an aspect ratio of 18.5:9 can be inferred for both.
The “screen size” of the SM-G960F (Galaxy S9) is stated to be 360×740 pixels, while the SM-G9650 has a “screen size” of 412×846 pixels. Both of these figures translate into an 18.5:9 aspect ratio, which is same as the one seen on the Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy Note 8, and the recent Galaxy A8 (2018) and Galaxy A8+ (2018). Of course, the above seen “screen sizes” aren’t the actual resolution of the smartphone, but are indicative of the resolution nonetheless. The HTML5 test benchmarking site listings were first spotted by Android Headlines.
The HTML5 test also reveals that both smartphones will run Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box. The benchmark test also mentions that there is no Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus support on the two variants.
The Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ are some of the most anticipated smartphones for 2018. The bigger of the lot, Galaxy S9+, recently leaked on Geekbench revealing a 25 percent better core performance compared to the Galaxy S8+. Renders of back panels were also leaked that show a dual camera setup on the Galaxy S9+.
Earlier this week, front panels and back panels of the Galaxy S9 also surfaced online. These show a similar display on the Galaxy S9, compared to the Galaxy S8, albeit with slightly smaller bezels. A Bloomberg report has also suggested a launch date for the Galaxy S9 duo in late February 2018, with availability in March.
Recent reports about the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ include anticipation of an improved iris scanner and the expected use of a next-gen substrate like PCB technology on the upcoming flagship smartphones.
Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+ 18.5:9 Aspect Ratio Tipped in HTML5 Test
- Coolpad Mega 5A With Android 8.1 Oreo, 18:9 Display Launched in India: Price, Specifications, Features
- Jio Phone 2 Next Flash Sale Date Is August 30
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 India Launch Set for August 22
- K2 Cloud Enhanced with Enterprise-Grade Features in New Update
- Roland updates Cloud Manager and throws in some new FX to the mix