The Umbrella emoji went live on June 16 and will be active till August 31
#Monsoon2017, #Monsoon, #IndiaRains, #Baarish hashtags will trigger emoji
this is the first weather-related emoji that Twitter launched in IndiaT
With the monsoon finally settling in, Twitter on Friday launched a special blue umbrella emoji for its Indian users.
The emoji went live on June 16 and will be active till August 31.
“We want to celebrate the resilience of the country during the famed Indian monsoon and what better way to do it than with Twitter emojis to bring people closer to shared experiences and delightful conversations,” said Viral Jani, Head of Entertainment & TV Partnerships, Twitter India in a statement.
When people tweet using #Monsoon2017, #Monsoon, #IndiaRains, #Baarish, #MumbaiRains, #DelhiRains, #BengaluruRains #HyderabadRains, #ChennaiRains and #AhmedabadRains, a bright blue umbrella will appear next to the hashtag.
In the past, Twitter has celebrated the local culture with customised emojis such as Diwali, Ganesh Chaturthi, Independence Day, Republic Day, International Day of Yoga and Ambedkar Jayanti.
However, this is the first weather-related emoji that Twitter has launched in India.
Categories: Social Media
Twitter Unveils Blue Umbrella Emoji for This Monsoon Season
- Huawei accused of stealing technology from Apple’s China-based suppliers
- PUBG Mobile server down for maintenance as Tencent prepares new update
- PUBG Mobile server maintenance on February 18; update 0.11.0 with Zombies coming soon
- How Taylor Swift showed us the scary future of facial recognition
- PUBG Mobile 0.11.0 update to add zombies mode by February end: Report