- The LIDO Mall outlet will be launched on July 22
- The outlet in Orion Mall will be launched on July 29
- The first offline retail store was launched in India in May
Xiaomi launched its Mi Max 2 smartphone on Tuesday in India and at the launch event the company also announced that it will be opening two new Mi Home outlets in India. The company announced that it will be opening the outlets within this month itself in Bengaluru. Separately, Xiaomi also mentioned that it will be launching a Mi Home outlet soon in Delhi as well. The Mi Home outlets currently sell smartphones and accessories.
The company’s India Vice-President Manu Kumar Jain announced that Xiaomi will be launching the Mi Home outlets in LIDO Mall and Orion Mall in Bengaluru on July 22 and July 29 respectively. Notably, the company has earlier stated its aim of launching around 100 Mi Home outlets in India in the next two years.
To recall, after launching its first offline store in China about a year back, Xiaomi launched its first offline outlet in India in May. Just like the yet-to-be-launched outlets, this outlet was opened in Bengaluru as well. As we reported earlier, the company’s first offline retail store in India is being run on a franchise model. However, Xiaomi has also clarified that it is “company operated.”
At the sidelines of the launch of its first offline retail store in India, Jain told Gadgets 360, “If you need a new filter for your air purifier, or want to get headphones, you can come here.”
“And unlike the typical store where everything is locked up and there are salespersons everywhere, you can explore and experience things at your own pace. The headphones will be on the tables, and you can pick them up, plug them into your own phone, and listen to music to see how they sound,” he said.
While smartphones currently dominate the offerings presented at the Mi Home outlet in Bengaluru, Jain has admitted that he is keen to bring more product categories to India.
Xiaomi Mi Home to Get 2 New Outlets in Bengaluru This Month
- Steam Not Allowing Adult Games Until New Content Tool Is in Place
- Overwatch’s Newest Hero Wrecking Ball Is Playable This Month
- With a Fortnite Android Release Date Soon, Epic Games Continues to Invest in Amazon Web Services
- CloudWalker Introduces New Variants of Cloud TV X2 in 40” & 43”
- 86% of enterprises have adopted a multi-cloud strategy