Five months after the resignation of Visit Mobile director Al Hutchison, the board of the city’s convention and visitors bureau has announced David Clark as his replacement.
According the board, a national search zeroed in on a candidate with extensive background in coastal Alabama. Most recently, Clark has worked as general manager of The Beach Club in Gulf Shores; his prior experience includes 25 years with Marriott International, 23 of them at The Grand Hotel Marriott resort in Point Clear. He held several positions during his time at The Grand, including eight years as general manager.
Clark will begin work as the President and CEO of Visit Mobile starting April 1. In a statement release by Visit Mobile he said, “I believe that Visit Mobile is about sales, service and experience and engaging all stakeholders to promote sustainability of our great City. We will continue to aim higher to create an image of leisure so tourists will not only come to visit, but will want to return to live, work and play in Mobile. I look forward to teaming with all stakeholders and am thankful for the opportunity.”
Hutchison, who had held the Mobile job since July 2014, departed to take a job as President and CEO of Visit Baltimore, which he described as a career opportunity he couldn’t pass up. Among his accomplishments in Mobile was an extensive research and development effort that produced the city’s current “Born to Celebrate” marketing campaign.
Former Grand Hotel manager is new head of Visit Mobile
- UPDATE — BroadSoft Awarded 2017 Frost & Sullivan Latin America Cloud Telephony and UCC Services Platform Provider of the Year
- Former Disrupt Battlefield competitor Coronet automates security for SMBs in latest update
- Bali volcano eruption latest update: Ash rains down as Mount Agung ERUPTS again
- Having problems syncing your music to the cloud? Here’s how to update iTunes
- Bali volcano update: China suspends ALL flights to Bali as Mount Agung ASH CLOUD spreads