A recently rumored BlackBerry device has been tipped by leakster Evan Blass to have a hefty 4,000 mAh battery in store. The device in question is the BlackBerry Ghost – a high-end and supposedly bezel-less BlackBerry device to be released exclusively in India. Its existence was first leaked in February and it is slated to be released sometime in the summer.
Batteries this large are almost never found in flagship-level devices – batteries this size are usually seen in mid-tier handsets. Apparently a battery this large would be among the largest in a flagship-class device – which says a lot about flagship devices and priority on battery life.
BlackBerry’s TCL-made devices of the past year and a half have been no stranger to good battery life. The KEYOne had an above average size battery, but BlackBerry’s choice to use a mid-range Snapdragon 625 the KEYOne made it a great battery endurance performer. Even the BlackBerry Motion had a huge 4,000 mAh battery.
It only makes sense for BlackBerry to continue to leverage great battery life as a major selling point of its business-oriented smartphones. We’ll be keeping an eye out for more news about the BlackBerry Ghost.
BlackBerry Ghost might have a large 4,000 mAh battery
- Twitter India, White Swan Foundation Join Hands to Spread Information About Suicide Prevention
- Pinterest Now Has 250 Million Monthly Users
- Twitter to Show Live Streams on Top of Your Timeline
- Easing the administrative burden of GDPR
- HTC Opens Up Viveport Store to Oculus Rift Users as VR Headset Shipments Decline