- Comio C1 was launched in August at Rs. 5,999
- Comio C2 was launched in October at Rs. 7,199
- Comio S1 was launched in August at Rs. 8,999
Comio on Monday announced that three of its budget Android smartphones, the C1, C2, and S1, were now being assembled in India through contract manufacturers, V-Sun and Hipad Technology. To recall, the Comio C1 and S1 had been launched alongside each other during the company’s debut in India in August. The Comio C2 had been launched last month.
The Comio C1 is priced at Rs. 5,999, Comio C2 is priced Rs. 7,199, and the Comio S1 is priced at Rs. 8,999. To recall, the Comio smartphones are available to buy via physical retail stores in North and West regions of the country, as well as online channels.
Comio also plans to strengthen its brand presence with a network of 30,000 retailers, 800 distributors, and over 800 after-sales touch points, it said in a statement. The company further revealed its plans to manufacture nearly one million devices over the next six months through V-Sun and Hipad Technology. The company also announced that it would start India R&D operations from next quarter,
“We are in the process of setting up our R&D centre, which will come up next quarter. We will initially have a team of 20 people who will work on bringing in features needed for the Indian market,” Comio India CEO and Director Sanjay Kumar Kalirona said. He added that the company has two other R&D centres in Hong Kong and China, which has about 1,000 people.
All the Comio C1, C2 and S1 smartphones run on the company’s custom UI based on Android 7.0 Nougat and are powered by 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6737 SoC. All three smartphones come with dual SIM support along with 4G and VoLTE support.
Comio Says It’s Now Making Smartphones in India, Details Plans to Strengthen Brand Presence
- Social media influencer Polo sentenced after man held at gunpoint over web domain
- Social Media Is Failing To Eliminate Fake Content
- Personal income tax rate cut soon, hints Nirmala Sitharaman
- 12 Ways to Build a Winning SEO Strategy on a Small Budget
- SEO Explained In Eight Simple Steps: Let’s Clear The Confusion