Gan said a total of five shots were fired into his and his friend’s rooms, apparently fired by a stranger who was “partying behind the street.” Thankfully no one was hurt by the stray gunfire, including Gan. The shots came in around 4 AM and he wasn’t sitting at his PC at the time—but if he was, the monitor, an MSI Optix G27C2, might have saved his life. Remarkably, aside from a slight divot on the back, the monitor seems relatively unscathed and still functions perfectly.
Of course, the bullet had already lost a significant amount of kinetic energy from penetrating through the wall before hitting the monitor. Had that not been the case, we expect the monitor would be in much worse shape. Either way, we’re glad that Gan and his neighbors were unharmed in the incident.
This gaming monitor literally stopped a stray bullet (and still works)
- Inside the car of the future with Nissan’s Invisible-to-Visible technology
- Law Firm SEO: Six Tactics Attorneys Can Use To Start Seeing Results
- Xiaomi announces its Black Shark 2 gaming phone with a pressure-sensitive OLED display
- Understanding SEO Content: 6 Simple Practices to Try
- 6 SEO Marketing Trends in 2019 That Entrepreneurs Should Know About