Panaji: The Speaker of the Goa legislative assembly Pramod Sawant on Monday banned the use of mobile phones on the assembly floor.
Sawant, in his concluding remarks on the last day of the Monsoon Session, said that the decision was taken after it was seen that the legislators were answering phone calls or using their smartphones while proceedings of the house were on.”Some members have even been answering calls while seated in the house. The use of mobile phones will henceforth not be permitted on the floor of the house,” Sawant said in his valedictory remarks.
The ban will be enforced when the state legislative assembly is convened for its next session.
Goa Bans Use of Mobile Phones on Assembly Floor
- Asus ROG phone coming to the US on October 18
- Lenovo ThinkPad L480 review: This basic business notebook falls a little short
- Technology helping students to do their homework is a godsend
- Samsung Galaxy P30 Storage Models, Colour Options Leaked
- Nokia 7 Plus Android 9.0 Pie Update Delayed Due to ‘Platform Specific Certification Bugs’