Panaji: The Speaker of the Goa legislative assembly Pramod Sawant on Monday banned the use of mobile phones on the assembly floor.
Sawant, in his concluding remarks on the last day of the Monsoon Session, said that the decision was taken after it was seen that the legislators were answering phone calls or using their smartphones while proceedings of the house were on.”Some members have even been answering calls while seated in the house. The use of mobile phones will henceforth not be permitted on the floor of the house,” Sawant said in his valedictory remarks.
The ban will be enforced when the state legislative assembly is convened for its next session.
Goa Bans Use of Mobile Phones on Assembly Floor
- Redmi Note 5 Up for Grabs Today as Xiaomi Announces Surprise Flash Sale
- Huawei P20 Lite With 5.84-Inch 19:9 Display, Dual Rear Cameras Launched: Price, Specifications
- MIUI 9.5 Is Coming Soon to These 30 Xiaomi Smartphones
- Sony Xperia XZ2, Xperia XZ2 Compact Pre-Orders Come With Free PlayStation 4 or PlayStation VR
- LG G7 to Include an LCD Panel Instead of OLED Display: Report