At Pubcon 2015 in Las Vegas, I had the opportunity to speak with Christina Baldassarre of Zebra Advertising about a different way of looking at Facebook ads that a lot of advertisers aren’t seeing right now.
The Facebook ad platform rewards you for doing well. Christina says you can lower your cost-per-click (CPC) to next to nothing if you have a high enough click through rate.
How do you make people click? Christina explains what’s working right now in the video below:
Here are some key takeaways from the video:
- According to Christina’s own research and testing, the image used on an ad is the main difference maker when it comes to click-through rate. Testing different images has been found to impact CTR by as much as 70% up and down.
- Images featuring people are more likely to get clicked on, and those with a close up face shot are up to six times more likely to get clicked on.
- Christina stresses that advertisers need to try to incorporate images of people however they can because the difference it makes is that strong. With a high CTR you can watch your CPC go from from 2 dollar to 35 cents. It has never been more clear that it is now how much ads with people can impact the bottom line
- Progressive Insurance is a good example of a company that puts a face to an otherwise faceless business by creating a character to go with its advertising. Sometimes you have to get creative when it comes to adding a human element to your business.
- When testing ads, Christina says it’s not about how many variations of ads you put out there — what matters is that you’re always testing. Keep renewing your content because that’s a positive signal for Facebook. Christina warns that the reach of your ads may be reduced if you’re not constantly keeping them new and original.