- PlayStation Plus allows users to play online
- The service saw a price hike in India two years ago
- It is unclear if this is due to GST or to ensure parity across regions
Sony has increased the price of PlayStation Plus memberships in India. The service which allows for online multiplayer, cloud saves, and access to games each month for a fee.
In an email to PlayStation Plus subscribers Sony has stated that the service will see a price change from 12:01am BST on August 31 (4:31am IST, August 31). The prices are as follows:
New PlayStation Plus India prices
- One year PlayStation Plus subscription is Rs. 4,439 (previously Rs. 3,999)
- Three month PlayStation Plus subscription is Rs. 1,869 (previously Rs. 1,599)
- One month PlayStation Plus subscription is Rs. 599 (previously Rs. 576)
“We are changing the pricing to reflect various market conditions while enabling us to continue providing exceptional value to our members. The price change is taking effect across the SIEE region and is not limited to India,” a spokesperson for Sony told Gadgets 360 on email.
Two years ago,India saw a price increase inline with Europe. For Sony, India falls under Europe and follows similar pricing. Last year, PlayStation Plus prices were increased in the US and Canada. A yearly subscription costs you $59.99/ $69.99 CAD while a quarterly subscription will set you back by $24.99/ $29.99 CAD from September 22. The monthly plan of $9.99 remains the same in the US while Canadians will have to pay $11.99 CAD.
“This marks the first time that PS Plus membership prices will increase in the US and Canada since the launch of the service in 2010. The new pricing reflects the current market conditions while enabling us to continue providing exceptional value to our members. As a member, you will continue to enjoy the benefits and features that enable shared experiences, such as online multiplayer, free games, and exclusive discounts,” posted PlayStation Plus Content Partnership Manager Greg Lewickyj at the time. “You will also continue to get exclusive benefits such as online game save storage and discounts across the PlayStation digital services.”
PlayStation Plus Price in India Increasing From August 31
- Redmi Note 5 Up for Grabs Today as Xiaomi Announces Surprise Flash Sale
- Huawei P20 Lite With 5.84-Inch 19:9 Display, Dual Rear Cameras Launched: Price, Specifications
- MIUI 9.5 Is Coming Soon to These 30 Xiaomi Smartphones
- Sony Xperia XZ2, Xperia XZ2 Compact Pre-Orders Come With Free PlayStation 4 or PlayStation VR
- LG G7 to Include an LCD Panel Instead of OLED Display: Report