- Galaxy Note 9 said to go on sale before Apple’s September event
- The date of sale has reportedly been set for August 24
- Samsung has scheduled an August 9 launch event
Samsung Galaxy Note 9, the upcoming phablet by Samsung, will reportedly go on sale starting August 24. We already know that Samsung is set to launch the much-awaited flagship at the Galaxy Unpacked event scheduled on August 9, and ahead of the unveiling, more details about the upcoming handset are surfacing on the Internet. The South Korean technology giant is expected to launch a Galaxy Note 9 as an upgrade to last year’s Galaxy Note 8, but is not anticipated to bring in any major additions to the hardware package.
As per a report in South Korean publication ETNews, Samsung’s latest Android-powered phablet equipped with the S-Pen, will go on sale earlier than expected this year. The date of sale has reportedly been set at August 24, and that makes the time between the Galaxy Note 9’s launch and sale smaller than that of the previous variant. Last year, the Galaxy Note 8 was launched on August 23 and went on sale on September 15. According to the report, the reason for the change could be the “sluggish performance” of the Galaxy series, and that Samsung wants to release the handset before Apple’s iPhone launch event in September.
In the last few months, the Galaxy Note 9 has been part of the rumour mill often. We can expect the handset to get top-of-the-line Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 or Samsung Exynos 9810 SoCs, a 6.4-inch QHD+ Super AMOLED Infinity Display with an 18.5:9 aspect ratio, up to 8GB of RAM, and up to 512GB of inbuilt storage. Some reports have claimed that the phablet will get an additional physical button, possibly for a camera shutter.
For the latest tech news and reviews, follow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Display6.40-inchProcessor1.8GHz octa-coreFront CameraYesResolution1440x2960 pixelsRAM6GBOSAndroid 8.1Rear CameraYesBattery Capacity4000mAhAlso See
- KEY SPECS
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (Gold, 32GB) –Rs.45,999
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (Midnight Black, 64GB, 6GB RAM)Rs.59,600
Oppo A37 (Grey, 16GB)Rs.9,990
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Sales Said to Begin From August 24
- Zynga CEO says this is the next big catalyst for mobile gaming
- The Emerging Trend of Smart Home Technology in Real Estate
- Inside the car of the future with Nissan’s Invisible-to-Visible technology
- Law Firm SEO: Six Tactics Attorneys Can Use To Start Seeing Results
- Xiaomi announces its Black Shark 2 gaming phone with a pressure-sensitive OLED display