As a business, you are held accountable for every dollar you spend. If you are not seeing an acceptable ROI from your SEO marketer, then they are failing you. The right SEO company can make a huge impact on the promotion of your product or service, but don’t strike a deal with the first company that says they do SEO.
A good SEO company can give you tangible and sustainable strategies for multiplying your dollar. You need a company that will use a well-rounded approach to your campaign that will enhance your web presence and ROI. And this must all be done in a way that provides long-term success.
Do Not Turn Down a Better ROI
Many people consider an SEO company to simply be a marketing tool. For example, a business may decide to hire “SEO company A” over “SEO company B” because “A” offers their services at $1000/month less than “B”. Although pricing is a consideration, there are many other elements at play.“B” may offer a campaign with a much better ROI; and even though you’re spending $1000 more a month you could be gaining an extra $2000/ month in extra business. In this example “B” was dismissed based on inadequate research that failed to delve into the many other elements that construct a great SEO campaign.
SEO is Not a Tool, It Is a Process
Not all SEO companies are created equally; nor do they all apply the same tools, tactics, or approachs. By not doing more in-depth research you could be settling on a mediocre ROI. These kind of problems arise when businesses do not understand that SEO is not simply a “tool” but a campaign process where analytics must be thoroughly studied and optimized.
Differentiating between SEO companies can be daunting if you do not know what you are looking for. I have laid out a practical guide which serves as a solid starting point for finding the right SEO company.
Five Characteristics of a Substandard SEO Company
- Cookie cutter tactics: Every day should be spent treating goals as floating points based on google algorithm changes and updates and shifts in the industry in general. What worked yesterday won’t necessarily work today.
- It is a second form of income or a hobby: SEO is something that can be done without putting on a suit and tie every day and going into an office building…which is great, but you want ensure the company you are using is professional and has the resources and industry standard skill set to get a job done thoroughly and properly.
- Watch out for the pushy salesman gone SEO: You don’t want to be pressured into a contract based on hype. You want to feel confident in methods that will make you money.
- Beware of the company that offers short-term success based on dubious tactics: You want a company that provides a long-term, holistic solution to improving your online presence – not a company that guarantees hard to believe results.
- Outsourcing: You want a company that can be flexible based on your budget and goals. If your work is being outsourced, it may be difficult to optimize the best solution for your campaign. If a business does outsource certain elements of your campaign, make sure that it is because that is what is best for you and your ROI.
Five Characteristics of “The Best” SEO Company
- References and testimonials: They have proven success stories based on previous campaigns. Based on these examples, they can provide you with the confidence that your campaign will succeed.
- They can meet you on
SEO 101: How to Find The Best SEO Agency For You