Xiaomi is partnering with Flipkart to launch the Redmi 3s in India. The phone is split in two versions: 3s and 3s Prime. Note that this has nothing to do with the Redmi 3 Pro and even the 3s isn’t quite the same.
The Xiaomi Redmi 3s Prime is identical to the international Redmi 3s – it’s the variant with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage, specifically. It has a fingerprint reader on the back and a Snapdragon 430 chipset. The Silver color option is exclusive to this variant.
The Indian Redmi 3s lacks a fingerprint reader and has 2GB of RAM and 16GB storage. It still has a Snapdragon 430 chipset, though, so it’s certainly not a rebranded Redmi 3 (it uses Snapdragon 616).
The other specs are as expected – 8.5mm metal body with a 4,100mAh battery, huge for a phone with a 5″ screen (720p IPS). There are also 13MP + 5MP cameras, LTE and a hybrid dual-SIM slot and an IR blaster.
The Xiaomi Redmi 3s and 3s Prime will go on sale August 9, exclusively on Mi.com and Flipkart (no registrations required). Prices are INR 7,000 for the 3s and INR 9,000 for the 3s Prime.
Xiaomi Redmi 3s launching in India next Tuesday, August 9
- Sony Xperia XZ2, Xperia XZ2 Compact Pre-Orders Come With Free PlayStation 4 or PlayStation VR
- LG G7 to Include an LCD Panel Instead of OLED Display: Report
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ Cheaper to Make Than iPhone X, But Costs More Than Galaxy Note 8: TechInsights
- Nokia Now Selling Smartphones, Accessories in India via Official Site
- BlackBerry Must Face Revived US Lawsuit Over BlackBerry 10