Disney’s latest Tron game, an action-adventure runner calledTron Run/r, has launched for PS4 and PC.
Tron Run/r is a runner platformer and racing hybrid, but rather than take on qualities from popular endless runner games, such as Temple Run, it’s more similar to the Bit.Trip Runner games (minus the music and rhythm mechanics). It combines that series’ exciting, fast-paced platforming and maneuvering with the sleek visual aesthetics of Tron, providing a stylish and exhilarating sense of speed and arcade action. I recently got the chance to play the game and it does a great job at creating a high-speed experience that’s as engrossing as it is enjoyable, which underscores its otherwise formulaic first impression. You can see footage of the game above.
Running isn’t the only activity you can do in Tron Run/r, it also has a Light Cycle mode. This acts as a time-trial where you race down a digital highway, zipping through arches that add time to your countdown clock, as you try to make it to the finish line in time.
For a closer look at both of Tron Run/r’s modes, you can click through the images below.
Tron Run/r sells for $20 and is available for download on PSN and Steam. An Xbox One version is scheduled to come out sometime soon.
The game was first announced at the 2015 Game Awards. It features music from EDM musicians Giorgio Moroder and Raney Shockne, and a variety of remixes also included in the game were written by artists, such as Darkstar, Bibio, Joywave, Autechre, and Plaid.
PS4 and PC Get New Tron Game, Xbox One Version Coming Soon
- Samsung Elevates Asim Warsi, Dipesh Shah to Global Roles Amid Robust Growth
- Google Pixel 2 XL Black & White Pre-Order Shipments Delayed in India, Flipkart Offers Compensation
- Vivo V7 With 24-Megapixel Selfie Camera, 18:9 Display Launched: Price, Specifications
- Heavy Rain In Kolkata Returns As Depression Develops In Bay Of Bengal
- IMD warns of heavy rain on eastern coast because of depression over Bay of Bengal