Around a month and a half ago Samsung started rolling out updates to Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge (pictured below), last year’s flagship smartphones. And now Verizon has finally caught up and commenced the same rollout for the S6 and S6 edge units it’s sold.
The update will make its way out in stages, so it could be quite a few days before it hits every S6 or S6 edge purchased from Verizon. Nevertheless, at least it is now on its way.
If you have one of these devices and haven’t received the update notification yet, you can obviously choose to manually check for the availability of the new release by going to Settings > About Device > Software Update. That may or may not help get it faster.
Aside from everything that Google’s built into Android 6.0 Marshmallow (things such as Doze Mode for better battery life, the new permissions system, Now On Tap), the Galaxy S6 edge is also getting the same Edge Panel features that have debuted on its successor, the S7 edge. This means you’ll have a thicker panel that you can do more with. The March security updates are in too, as you’d expect.
Verizon’s Galaxy S6 and S6 edge are now receiving Marshmallow updates
- Google Pixel 2 Receives Out-Of-Cycle OTA Update, Some Users Report
- LG X4+ Rugged Smartphone With Hi-Fi DAC Audio Launched: Price, Specifications, Features
- iPhone Battery Replacement Cost Now Down to Rs. 2,000 (All-Inclusive)
- Tecno Camon i With 5.65-Inch 18:9 Display, 13-Megapixel Camera Launched in India: Price, Specifications
- OnePlus 5T Sandstone White Variant Sold Out, Removed From Website Within Two Hours of Launch