‘Fallout 4’ Is Third Biggest UK Launch Of 2015 After ‘Black Ops 3’ And ‘FIFA 16’

Fallout 4

Fallout 4 is one of the most important video games of 2015 even it wasn’t enough to topple Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 and FIFA 16 as the top launched video game for the year.

In just a single week, Fallout 4 managed to become the third largest video game launch in the UK, which is quite the stunning performance. The game is the biggest ever launched Fallout video game behind Fallout 3: New Vegas.

The game has even stepped ahead of other open-world video games such as The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Batman Arkham Knight, Grand Theft Auto V and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

The numbers came from GfK Chart-Track, though only retail copies sold have been considered. Should digital be added to the list, the numbers could be higher since recent reports have claimed that over 1.2 million gamers on Steam purchased Fallout 4 on day one of release.

Not only has Fallout 4 taken the prize of third largest video game launch in the UK for 2015, but it has taken the top spot on the charts from Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 as well. That’s no easy feat since the Call of Duty name has a brand recognition that is more prominent.

Although we have little to go by when it comes down to exact figures, Bethesda did say it shipped over 12 million copies of Fallout 4 to retailers around the world. The company is expected to earn $750 million in revenue from this game in the short term.

As for other games, Rise of The Tomb Raider sits on the fourth position after launching on the same day as Fallout 4. Reports claim that 85 percent of the persons who bought Rise of the Tomb Raider bought the Xbox One version. The remaining 15 percent threw money at the Xbox 360 version.

The top 10 video games on the UK chart are:

  1. Fallout 4 (Bethesda)
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Activision Blizzard)
  3. FIFA 16 (EA)
  4. Rise of the Tomb Raider (Microsoft/Square Enix)
  5. Minecraft: Story Mode (Telltale Games)
  6. Need for Speed (EA)
  7. Football Manager 2016 (Sega)
  8. LEGO Dimensions (Warner Bros)
  9. Assassin’s Creed Syndicate (Ubisoft)
  10. Halo 5: Guardians (Microsoft)