Pacific Standard is looking for an assistant editor to work primarily on social media and community engagement. This is an exciting opportunity for a multi-talented journalist to have an impact at a time when we’re thinking hard about the communities most affected by our storytelling. This full-time position with benefits is based out of our office in downtown Santa Barbara, California, and will work with our audience team.
We’re looking for someone to oversee our Twitter and Facebook presence, but also someone who is excited by the prospect of talking directly with our readership and experimenting with new modes of storytelling. This may include brainstorming creative ways to use social media platforms new and old as well as thinking about how editors and writers can engage with their audience and incorporate reader feedback into their work.
- Writing, editing, and managing content for our social media accounts and assisting with our newsletter.
- Working with reporters and editors to expand their outreach efforts and be a resource for social media and audience engagement best practices.
- Expanding Pacific Standard’s reach by establishing creative partnerships with social media outlets, other media brands, and non-media organizations.
- Brainstorming and developing engagement campaigns for Pacific Standard features and series, connecting readers with our content, expanding the conversation, and bringing back insights and ideas to the newsroom.
- Using analytics to track audience growth and engagement across platforms.
Pacific Standard is dedicated to illuminating the worlds of politics, culture, and national affairs with the best research from the social and behavioral sciences. Our ideal candidates have demonstrated the ability to synthesize technical, academic information and make it engaging and appealing to a lay audience. We are looking for independent, self-directed journalists with an ear to daily news conversation and a deep interest in connecting our reporting to the audiences directly affected by it. Special consideration will go to candidates with background or previous experience in social and behavioral sciences, and an active interest in social justice, the environment, education, and economics.
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to Eric Zassenhaus, [email protected] Your cover letter should: (1) outline some of your early ideas for expanding Pacific Standard’s social media presence; (2) touch on your experience working with audience on editorial projects; and (3) include a social media plan to promote one of our recent feature stories.
Categories: Social Media
WE’RE HIRING AN ASSISTANT EDITOR FOR SOCIAL MEDIA AND ENGAGEMENT
- Which technical website factors affect SEO success?
- SEO: Expertise in 1 Area Can Lead to Weakness in Others
- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION SERVICES MARKET PROFESSIONAL SURVEY AND BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES 2020| WORDSTREAM, MOZ, SEO BOOK(GREECE)
- Black hat SEO: 7 tactics to leave back in the 90s
- Moz launches Domain Analysis, free tool for SEO metrics