Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Streetmap Loses Anti-Competitive Lawsuit Against Google In UK
Feb 12, 2016 by Greg SterlingStreetmap had sued on grounds that putting Google Maps at the top of search results was an “abuse of competition.”
- AdWords Automated Bidding Gets An Overhaul: Welcome, Portfolio Bid Strategies
Feb 12, 2016 by Ginny MarvinTerminology changes come with some new functionality, including the ability to set different CPA targets at the ad group level within the same bid strategy.
- A Layman’s Visual Guide To Google’s Knowledge Graph Search API
Feb 12, 2016 by Barbara StarrColumnist Barbara Starr delves into the recently released Knowledge Graph Search API and discusses how SEOs might use this data.
- Search In Pics: Google Jedi Master, Aerial Silks Class & Sundar Pichai Meets NFL’s Ronnie Lott
Feb 12, 2016 by Barry SchwartzIn this week’s Search In Pictures, here are the latest images culled from the web, showing what people eat at the search engine companies, how they play, who they meet, where they speak, what toys they have and more. Googler Riding A DeLorean: Source: Google+ Google Aerial Silks Class: Source: Google+ Google Jedi Master: Source: […]
- Google Won’t Provide SEO Certifications To Webmasters Or SEO Companies
Feb 12, 2016 by Barry SchwartzGoogle will likely never provide SEO certification, and here is why.
- Google Mobile Image Search Adds Drop-Down & Other UI Changes
Feb 12, 2016 by Barry SchwartzGoogle added a drop down menu on the image search result page for mobile devices and tweaked some more user interface features.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- AT&T Launches “Hello Lab” So Online Stars Can Lure Young Mobile Users
- How Marketers Are Using Social Display To Build Brand Love And Grow Business
- 5 Simple Strategies To Improve Your Blog’s Search Rankings
- The “BuzzFeeding” Of The Election And Why Marketers Should Be Watching
- In Retail, It’s “The Year Of The Customer”
- Cracking The Black Box of Digital Measurement: Mobile Apps
- MarTech Today: Time Inc. Buys Viant, Diffbot’s Semantic Web & Crawling A Staging Server
- View Counts Are Coming For Instagram Video
Search News From Around The Web:
- Microsoft looks to be retreating from EU antitrust fight against Google, Ars Technica
- How To Create A Link Profile You Love (Infographic), Majestic Blog
- What Will Change for SEOs With Real Time Penguin, thesempost.com
- Thank you for inspiring us!, Bing Search Blog
- Weekly Update 89: Code with Love, DuckDuckGo Blog
- Content Is King, But Does It Rule Alone in SEO?, Search Engine Guide
- Google: App Indexing App Install Button Engagement Low, Search Engine Roundtable
- How To Get Back Into SEO After Being Away, Search Engine People
- How to Optimize for Competitors’ Branded Keywords, Moz
- SEO Doesn’t Have To Be A Shot In The Dark, TechCrunch
- Why You Need to Be Careful When Hiring an SEO, According to Google, thesempost.com
SEM / Paid Search
- Google Adds 24 Hour Support For AdWords Via Twitter, Google+, Facebook & YouTube, Search Engine Roundtable
- Video: Google Polish Spam, Link Command Dies, SEO Certification & Bing Ads Reporting Bug, Search Engine Roundtable