Around a month and a half ago Samsung started rolling out updates to Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Galaxy S6 and S6 edge (pictured below), last year’s flagship smartphones. And now Verizon has finally caught up and commenced the same rollout for the S6 and S6 edge units it’s sold.
The update will make its way out in stages, so it could be quite a few days before it hits every S6 or S6 edge purchased from Verizon. Nevertheless, at least it is now on its way.
If you have one of these devices and haven’t received the update notification yet, you can obviously choose to manually check for the availability of the new release by going to Settings > About Device > Software Update. That may or may not help get it faster.
Aside from everything that Google’s built into Android 6.0 Marshmallow (things such as Doze Mode for better battery life, the new permissions system, Now On Tap), the Galaxy S6 edge is also getting the same Edge Panel features that have debuted on its successor, the S7 edge. This means you’ll have a thicker panel that you can do more with. The March security updates are in too, as you’d expect.
Verizon’s Galaxy S6 and S6 edge are now receiving Marshmallow updates
- 12 Ways to Build a Winning SEO Strategy on a Small Budget
- SEO Explained In Eight Simple Steps: Let’s Clear The Confusion
- Xiaomi, Oppo to use Qualcomm’s newest mobile phone chips
- SEO Proposals: Their Particular Challenge & How to Avoid Getting a Silent No
- Samsung’s huge curved gaming monitor is an absolute unit, and $100 off