He said, the company is also expanding its retail presence and after sale service. Meanwhile, the company has launched its new smartphone Mi Max 2 at Rs 16,999. The new device comes with the 6.44-inch display, 4 GB RAM, 12MP rear and 5MP front cameras and 5,300 mAh battery. To recall, the company has recently announced that it has shipped 23.16 million smartphones in Q2 2017, a 70 percent increase from the previous quarter.
Xiaomi is already doing well in several markets mainly in India and China and while the company has been gaining a lot of popularity, Xiaomi’s CEO Lei Jun disclosed this new achievement stating the revenue from India in the first half of the year has gone up 328 percent year-on-year. “We are now the two brand in the overall Indian smartphone market. Redmi Note 4 has become the highest shipped smartphone in the country, and Xiaomi is now widely recognized as a leading brand,” he added. He also pointed out that, in the next 12 months, the company will be hiring thousands of R&D talent for its smartphone business and further bolster the company’s innovation capabilities.
Xiaomi expects $2 billion revenue from its India business
- Redmi Note 5 Up for Grabs Today as Xiaomi Announces Surprise Flash Sale
- Huawei P20 Lite With 5.84-Inch 19:9 Display, Dual Rear Cameras Launched: Price, Specifications
- MIUI 9.5 Is Coming Soon to These 30 Xiaomi Smartphones
- Sony Xperia XZ2, Xperia XZ2 Compact Pre-Orders Come With Free PlayStation 4 or PlayStation VR
- LG G7 to Include an LCD Panel Instead of OLED Display: Report